The Skolt Sámi Heritage House and Open-Air Museum tell about the history of the Skolt Sámi inhabitants of Sevettijärvi. Originally, the Skolt Sámi lived in Pechenga on the Kola Peninsula, in the area of the present Russia. As a result of World War II, the Sámi of Suonjel (Suonikylä) were, after an evacuation period, settled in the Sevettijärvi - Näätämö area in 1949.
The Skolt Sámi Heritage House operates in an old Skolt Sámi homestead that includes a "Skolt home" and its outbuilding. In connection with the Heritage House, there is an open-air museum which introduces the visitors to the summer place of the Suonjel sijd, or Lapp village.
In connection with the Skolt Sámi Heritage House there is a small museum shop that sells Skolt Sámi crafts and literature. Free entry.
The Skolt Sámi Heritage House is open in summer from June 1st to September 15th daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed in Winter from September 16th to May 31st.