Nuuksio National Park is an exceptional nature sanctuary in Helsinki region, very close to Helsinki downtown. This relaxed wilderness canoeing trip takes you to scenic wilderness lakes and peaceful forests in Nuuksio.
- Guided canoeing trip in Nuuksio National Park
- Return transportation from Helsinki
- Suitable for beginners
- Guiding in English and Finnish
- Scheduled and private trips, group size 1-8 persons (bigger group on request)
- Season: May – October
Before we start our canoe trip our experienced guide briefs canoeing safety and basic paddling technique. We launch the canoes and paddle on wilderness lakes of Nuuksio National Park. In the middle of our excursion we’ll have a coffee and snack break by the lake. You can also dip into the clean water forest lake on the break.
After the break we paddle easy pace back to the place we started our canoeing. We will carry the canoes a short distance between two lakes. So, this trip requires a bit sporty attitude.
Program duration is with transportation 5 hours, canoeing trip 3 hours. Departure normally 10.00 am (check exceptions, for evening and full moon trips check the schedule below) at Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art, Mannerheiminaukio 2 or Espoo, read more about route and pickup points. Return to Helsinki included.
Price starting from 82 € / person includes:
- Transportation from Helsinki or Espoo. Private trips include pickup from your hotel or cruise ship.
- Professional guiding and guide’s services
- All required canoeing equipment (Indian canoe for two persons, paddle, floating vest)
- Coffee/tea, Karelian pastry and cinnamon roll on the break