Turkansaari Open-Air Museum

The island of Turkansaari, situated in the Oulu-river about 14 km east of Oulu is an old trading center and place of salmon fishing.

The history of Turkansaari, as an open-air museum, commences in 1922 when the old church, from the year 1694, was restored to its original site.
Today there is in the museum area a typical farmyard complex, complete with the all appropriate buildings and equipments of the region of Northern Ostrobothnia, old forms of livelihood such as tar-making, salmon fishing, lumbering and log floating.

Turkansaarentie 165
Oulu 90310 FI
Get directions