Kuitia is the oldest remaining manor house in Finland. It was built of stone probably in 1480s by noble Joachim Fleming. There has been a manor house in same location from the beginning of the 15th century. Earliest known owner of Kuitia was Maunu Tawast, a bishop of Turku, who donated the manor to his brother in 1439.
Because Danish soldiers plundered coastal villages in the 15th century, Kuitia was built also for defensive purposes. Originally the present stone house was part of a foursquare, inner court structure. Current wooden residence was built in 18th and 19th centuries. Kuitia has been privately owned by af Heurlin family about 150 years and is still in living use. Kuitia is open for visitors only with group excursions.