After belonging to the Fleming family since the 15th century, Louhisaari Manor was in 1795 bought by the Mannerheim family, which owned it until 1903. The Marshal of Finland C. G. E. Mannerheim was born at Louhisaari in 1867.
The main building dates from 1655 and is one of the rare examples of palatial architecture in Finland. The festive floor and the service floor are in 17th-century style and furnished to match. The middle floor, where the actual living quarters were, was modernised during the 18th and 19th centuries, and the rooms in this part of the castle reflect the interior-decoration styles of that time. The castle is surrounded by an English landscape park.
The main building of Louhisaari Manor was opened to public on 1st of June 1967. Louhisaari Manor is located on the southwest coast of Finland 30 km North of Turku.