Designed by Eliel Saarinen, Lahti City Hall was built in 1912. In 1934, an annex designed y Kaarlo Könönen was added to it. Saarinen also participated in the design of the park between Harjukatu and Puistokatu streets opening up to the east of the building. The Lahti City Council and City Government meet in the building in the traditional manner. It is also the location of the main city office and a large number of different meeting and conference rooms.