In 1883, Albert Edelfelt (1854-1905) built a small studio in Haikko, about 6 km from the centre of Porvoo. It was here that he painted many of his most important works. The artist’s studio was opened to the public as a museum in 1951. Exhibited in the studio are drawings, paintings, heliogravures and photographs as well as artefacts belonging to the artist. The Museum is run by the Albert Edelfelt Foundation.