Church of St James

The granite church in Renko is evidently from the late 15th century. Its hexagonal shape is a special feature. In the 17th century its roof collapsed and the somewhat dilapidated church was rebuilt in 1783 under the leadership of Martti Tolppo. The church was a pilgrimage site for adherents of the St James cult in medieval times.

Copyright for the photos on this page belongs to the companies featured on this page, unless otherwise stated.
Rengonraitti 15
Hämeenlinna 14300 FI
Get directions