The Rosenlew company (1853 – 1987) was one of the largest industrial companies in Finland as well as an important employer in Pori and the whole Satakunta region. During its history the industrial plants of this all-round company manufactured the most diverse line of products: threshers, frying pans, fridges, ships, planks, paper, sulphite pulp, electrical energy, baking yeast, plastic bags…
The newest part of Satakunta Museum is Rosenlew Museum, which is located right by the side of the traditional Aittaluoto factory area. The building was completed in 1860’s and served first as a government granary. Later it became a factory warehouse of the Rosenlew company, and objects relating to the operations of the company were also collected there. The building and the museum collection came into the possession of the town of Pori and under the care of Satakunta Museum in 2003. After some improvements and renovations the museum was opened for the public in December 2006.
The Rosenlew Museum presents the history and products of the Rosenlew Company. In addition to the permanent collection upstairs there is a space for temporary exhibitions downstairs.