The North Savo Fire Museum is a local fire and rescue special museum maintained by the Savo rescue service, located at the main station in Kuopio Neulamäki. The museum was opened in 2001 and is one of the most representative fire and rescue museums in Finland. During its fifteen years of operation, the North Savo Fire Museum has promoted the knowledge of local history and traditions in its own specialty by storing objects, photographs and stories and providing them with the opportunity to look at fire brigade before and now. The bastions of the city of Kuopio’s fireworks in 1775 date back to the early 1800s when the city was given the first fire order in 1807. As in the other Finnish cities in Kuopio, the first fire brigade was a fire brigade based on the general firefighters’ obligation. VPK in Kuopio was established in 1877 and a permanent fire department in 1913.