A full-service travel agency with almost 20 years experience arranging tailor made incentive trips and group tours, Taxari Travel Agency operates from a base in Kemi, Sea Lapland, the city of the famous Snow Castle and Icebreaker Sampo, and Rovaniemi, the capital of Finnish Lapland. Whether you’re planning holiday activities for yourself, your family, or a larger group, Taxari provide an extensive range of services to choose from, and are willing to listen to your own ideas to create something special.
Book now for Winter 2018-19 – Rovaniemi
Taxari have started taking bookings for the coming winter, with tours commencing on December 15th, 2018, in Rovaniemi. Among the many great winter tours on offer are their hugely popular Icebreaker tours, snowmobile safaris, over frozen seas or through snowbound forests; husky safaris; Aurora Borealis excursions, including flights above the clouds!; and visits to reindeer farms, with sleigh rides, and to Ranua Wildlife Park, the most northerly zoo in the world.
In Rovaniemi, the choices of Taxari Travel Lapland winter tours include:
- A visit to Santa Claus Village on the Arctic Circle, where you can meet Santa in his office, see Rudolf’s factory, perhaps do some shopping, get a diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle, and visit the Arktikum Museum and Science Centre
- Cruise the frozen Bothnian oIcebreaker Polar Explorern , witnessing the vessel’s massive ice breaking power, with a guided tour from the engine rooms to the bridge. Stop to try some ice-floating, enjoying snacks or lunch
- Take a peaceful trip through the silent beauty of Lapland in a reindeer sleigh on your way to search for the Northern Lights. After the trip, hot drinks and snacks are waiting for you at the farm. Around the fire we can relax and hear the stories about Lappish way of life and reindeer husbandry.
- Visit Ranua Wildlife Park to see over 50 northern and arctic species in their natural environment, dine in the Wild Arctic Restaurant, browse the souvenir shops including the wine shop where they sell unique wines made from wild berries found locally, such as cloudberries, lingonberries and bilberries
- Take a daytrip to see the beautiful frozen waterfalls of Korouoma, the number one ice climbing destination in Finland. Enjoy sausages grilled over an open fire with hot drinks and tales of local nature
- Visit Lampivaara Amethyst Mine where a guided tour will teach you about the geology that created the amethyst, their properties, the history of the mine and some of the uses of amethyst. After the tour, each visitor will be able to try their hand at digging for their own personal lucky amethyst!
- Visit the Arctic Snow Hotel on a day trip to Kemi, where you explore this excellent attraction, admire the ice sculptures and carvings, before enjoying a tasty dinner in the renowned Ice Restaurant, and a drink served in an ice glass in the Ice Bar, before the return trip to Rovaniemi
- Guided snowmobile safari through Arctic forests to a frozen lake to spend time ice-fishing and having a campfire lunch
- Take a wonderful flight above the clouds, under the star-studded sky, to experience the Aurora Borealis in all its magical majesty
- On the Call of the Wild Husky Adventure guests escape the city and enjoy the magical forests of the lappish wilderness, while driving their own dog-team, on a three hour sledding trek
Of course, there is also a comprehensive selection of activities provided by Taxari in Rovaniemi for visitors to Lapland to choose from.