Finlayson Church, designed by F.L. Calonius, was built in 1878-79, in the style of an English congressional church with no bell tower. The organ was made in London in the 1850s. In recent years the church has been used as the Children’s Cathedral, which has seen a reduction in the available seating from 325 to 280. It is one of the most popular wedding churches in Tampere, on a par with the Cathedral. Thanks to its excellent acoustics, Finlayson Church is also used as venue for small scale live music performances, in particular chamber music concerts.