A full-service travel agency with almost 20 years experience arranging tailor made incentive trips and group tours, Taxari Travel Agency operates from a base in Kemi, Sea Lapland, the city of the famous Snow Castle and Icebreaker Sampo. Whether you’re planning holiday activities for yourself, your family, or a larger group, Taxari Travel Lapland provide an extensive range of services to choose from, and are willing to listen to your own ideas to create something special.
Winter Activities in Kemi
Among the many great winter tours on offer are their hugely popular Icebreaker tours, with a choice of icebreakers – the Sampo and Polar Explorer; snowmobile safaris, over frozen seas or through snowbound forests; husky safaris; Aurora Borealis excursions, including flights above the clouds; and visits to reindeer farms, with sleigh rides, and to Ranua Wildlife Park, the most northerly zoo in the world.
In Kemi, the choices of Taxari Travel Lapland winter tours include:
- Cruise the frozen Bothnian on Icebreakers Sampo & Polar Explorer, witnessing the vessels’ massive ice breaking power, with a guided tour from the engine rooms to the bridge. Stop to try some ice-floating, enjoying snacks or lunch on board these mighty ships
- Icebreaker Sampo cruise details here -> Polar Explorer cruise details here ->
- An Arctic Day at sea – a snowmobile safari that includes a cruise on the Icebreaker Sampo. Activity details here ->
- A visit to Ulla’s husky farm, with two hours of mushing a team of huskies on a safari through untouched wintery Lapland forests, and a Lappish meal in an authentic Lappish kota hut. Activity details here ->
- Reindeer safari and Reindeer farm visit, with expert guidance in how to operate a reindeer-pulled sleigh, followed by a reindeer herder telling stories about these animals around an open-fire with Lappish snacks. Activity details here ->
- Night time Northern Lights excursion by car to a location far from city lights with a magnificent view of the starry sky, also make a campfire and enjoy coffee/ tea with finnish grill sausages as tales and myths are shared. Activity details here ->
- A day-trip by coach to Ranua Wildlife Park to see over 50 northern and arctic species in their natural environment, possible lunch in Wild Arctic Restaurant. Activity details here ->
- Enjoy a lunch or a dinner in the spectacular surroundings of Kemi’s famous Ice Restaurant! The snow-built, ice adorned restaurant milieu with steaming hot meals and delicious drinks is a wintery experience not to be missed! Activity details here ->
- Aurora night at Seaside Glass Villas
- Take a snowmobile safari over the frozen sea and on through snowy forests, with a break at an open fire to enjoy grilled sausages with hot beverages and listen to the sounds of nature. Activity details here ->
- Take a snowmobile safari by night over the frozen sea and through the forests, stopping to enjoy sausages grilled over an open fire with hot drinks, and perhaps even seeing the magical northern lights if conditions are righ. Activity details here ->
- Experience the magic of the Arctic Circle on a day trip to Rovaniemi, to visit Santa Claus Village and meet Santa in his office, see Rudolf’s factory, perhaps do some shopping, get a diploma for crossing the Arctic Circle, and visit the Arktikum Museum and Science Centre before the coach journey back to Kemi. Activity details here ->
Of course, there is also a comprehensive selection of activities provided by Taxari in Kemi for visitors to Lapland to choose from.