Restaurant Wanha Laamanni is situated just beside the ancient King´s Road in the heart of the old part of Porvoo. Anders Orraeus, former law counsellor and mayor of Porvoo, owned this wooden house, and it still carries his name. The house was originally built next to the medieval cathedral in around 1780 -90.
Wanha Laamanni has cosy facilities in two floors. The atmospheric upper floor with is open fireplaces can be divided into two cabinets. The restaurant has seating for seventy customers, and there is also a pleasant terrace open in the summer time, which add eighty seats.
Wanha Laamanni provides a truly historical setting in which guest can enjoy Finnish as well as international cuisine in a Gustavian atmosphere. (Gustav III was a Swedish King in the late 18th century).
The pleasure of having a good meal is complemented by Wanha Laamanni´s broad list of wines and desserts