Time: 4 hours 30 minutes – Physical difficulty level: Moderate – Language: English
Private Tour is a tour only for you and your group. It is a great way to see the city when your time is limited and you want to get the most out of it!
See the best attractions in Helsinki in the 5 hour Old City & Suomenlinna Tour! Meet Go Tours Helsinki by the famous statue of Tsar Alexander II in Senate Square in the heart of Helsinki. The Senate Square, which dates back to the year 1757, boasts an interesting mix of ecclesiastical, civic and governmental buildings. Outside of the square, there are a number of other important buildings that tell the stories of the Finnish past that should be seen by the avid explorer. The second half of the tour will take a relaxing 15 minute boat ride to the UNESCO sea fortress island of Suomenlinna. Here you can explore over 250 years of Swedish, Russian and Finnish history – along with some amazing nature and viewpoints.
– Fully narrated tour by one of our guides
– Tickets too/from Suomenlinna Island
– Private tour – your group will be exclusively with our guide
Some of the sights that we will visit on the tour include:
– Senate Square – Neoclassical architecture
– Helsinki Cathedral – Iconic Lutheran church
– The House of the Estates – Neo-renaissance building
– Helsinki harbour viewpoint – A great place for taking photos
– Uspenski Cathedral – Largest Orthodox church in Western Europe
– Helsinki Market Square – Mingle with the locals and buy some gifts
What do I need to bring?
Warm clothing and decent shoes are advised for walking in all weathers. A general level of fitness is recommended, as there are some steps to climb, and the tour is mainly walking for the whole 4.5 hours. If you have any special requirements or questions, then please contact Go Tours Helsinki prior to booking at: GoToursHelsinki@Gmail.com
Fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event